Fox News, you are so dumb. For reals.
Lou Dobbs falsely claims Dream Act “permits those who have avoided their deportation hearings … [t]hose guilty of misdemeanors”
See Media Matters Video HERE.
Dobbs: Dream Act “permits those who have avoided their deportation hearings … [t]hose guilty of misdemeanors.” On the November 23 edition of America’s Newsroom, Lou Dobbs stated that the Dream Act “permits those who have avoided their deportation hearings, have avoided hearings of all sorts on immigration. Those guilty of misdemeanors, DUI — all of that is wide open.”
In fact, Dream Act requires that applicants have “good moral character” and are not “deportable for various criminal offenses.” The Dream Act sets several requirements that an individual would have to meet in order to qualify for conditional permanent resident status. He or she:
- Must have “been physically present in the United states for a continuous period of not less than 5 years” preceding enactment of the bill
- Was not yet “16 years [old] at the time of initial entry”
- Has been “a person of good moral character since the time of application”
- Is not inadmissible or deportable for various criminal offenses
- Has “been admitted to an institution of higher education” in the U.S., or has earned a high school diploma or obtained a GED in the U.S.
Media Matters has more on Dream Act Bill on their site. READ IT HERE.
More info on Dream Act visit: